måndag 12 januari 2015

3D modelling project: part 3

Now I was ready to start modelling!

First i loaded in a front photo of the trash bin in Blender as background, moved it slightly to the side and then started to try to make the starting cube object of blender look like the trash bin form.



Since the trash bin i very symmetrical. I had great help from the  Loop Cut tool in blender. The Cut Tool basically creates new subareas (edges and faces) on the object. But what is great about it, is that it makes these sub dividings symmetrically all around the object. So for example, when i sliced  up a hole for the opening on the trash bin, the same opening was there to but cut opened on the opposite side.


I cut open four holes in the top of the object for the holes and dragged the side of the opening slightly inwards. I also rounded the roof of the trash bin.

Then i worked with the two golden parts of the form. There are two parts of the trash bin where the shape is shaped in three lines of golden bands. I had to extend and intended the surface and the round all parts. 




I also added a rectangle on each side of the trash bin. I don't know that function it has, but it is there on the real trash bin so I wanted to add it.


So, this was the final model of the trash bin!





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar